Monday, February 20, 2006

Fresno Trip
Brandon & I took a random, spur of the moment trip to Fresno this weekend for one of his mission companion's wedding (Howard Lutes & Shannon Jarvis). Some funny things happened. First, when we arrived on Friday, we went to the Chinese restaurant and who was walking in the door before us?? Christine Jarvis!! My roommate from La Costa... random! We were so excited to see her and find out that her cousin is the bride. Cool! Small world, huh? So, then we ate some interesting things at the restaurant like jellyfish, duck, oysters, crab, and they served pretty much every other seafood dish imaginable, blaaghk! We hate seafood. Oh well, at least it was entertaining to watch everyone eat the strange food and watch Christine spit out what was too gross to swallow.
We slept in a really sketchy TravelLodge. Brandon thought he saw a prostitute come out of a neighboring room. Nevertheless, we stayed one night and Brandon's other mission companion & his wife (Isaac&Leslie) slept on the floor. We went to the Fresno Temple for the sealing the next morning. Went to the reception and then drove home. It was quick, but adventurous. On our drive home, I was driving our 4Runner and all of a sudden, the horn just started honking. Hooooooonk for like 30 seconds and then stopped. Weird! We laughed and kept driving and it did it again. Hooooooonk! I was kind of embarrassed because there were cars around us on the freeway and I couldn't control it! It stopped again, phfew! But it happened a 3rd time, but didn't stop. "What the heck? Our horn in possessed!" So we pulled over and beat on the horn for awhile, but nothing worked, so Brandon finally had to pull the fuse out. Crazy huh?
I wanted to go to Yosemite or Sequoia Ntl. Park since they were so close. Brandon wanted to stop at Magic Mtn. so bad, but we didn't have time, plus it was cold & rained almost the whole drive there & back. We even saw some snow falling! Overall, we had a good time hanging out with old friends.

5 comments:

Dennis & Melissa said...

Next road trip...Utah!!!!

flip flop mama said...

How fun! I miss those spur of the moment trips. It's a little harder with a kid.
Hey, I know Christine! She's awesome! We were good friends when we were going to Palomar. I wish I could have seen her to say hi.
Weird thing about your horn....Are you sure no one played a prank on you?? :)

Lianna said...

Prank? hmmmm. Probably not, but interesting idea. A friend of mine just told me her windshield wipers would randomly come on and it was so embarrassing cuz it would be perfectly dry outside and they would go "screeechh, thud thud thud". I hate that noise!

Sorry Mel, Utah is a bit too cold for me at the moment. How about you come to SD?

Anonymous said...

One day when I was about 11, I was sitting in my living room watching TV and I heard the faint sound of a horn honking. The sound which was at first distant and faint was slowly growing louder and closer. The sound eventually was in my driveway. I open the front door and there was my Dad sitting in his car with his horn blaring out of control. I thing I remember him hitting his steering wheel to no avail. He then popped the hood and disconnected the battery. By this time, half the neighbors were outside wondering what was going on. I stayed inside to avoid being seen secretly laughing at my Dad. By the way, I hate seafood too.

Anonymous said...

I ment "I think" not "I thing"