Thursday, June 09, 2011

Wisconsin Vacation

The kids loved playing outside, there was so much to explore Dalila's favorite thing in the house was this rocking horse that we found at the thrift store for $4
We also got some $1 puzzles for Dean and Steve to do. Dean was really into it, he barely watched any T.V. the entire trip, just read books and did puzzles with us. I wish we lived closer so we could do stuff like this more.

Dean liked pulling Dalila around and pushing her in her little stroller.We had crazy weather from 50 degrees to 90 degrees the next day. There were several thunderstorms with fun lightening to watch, but it was too hot and humid and buggy. I preferred the cooler weather so we could do more outside.Dalila was modeling for me while watching the horses. Dean and I picked out a bunch of flowers and planted them for my mom. Of course we picked one of the hottest days to do it, blah.





Dean was excited about these flowers because they are his favorite color. I took the kids to a children's museum that is 4 stories tall full of fun stuff for the kids. We had a good time with this full body pin board thing.





Dean loved snuggling with "his" cat, unfortunately he is allergic so he eventually had to stay away from him.



I was so proud of Dalila, she learned to sit on a big kid swing and loved it!


My mom saved some big boxes for the kids to make forts out of.


We spent an entire day in this pool because it was too hot to do anything else.


We went for another horse ride. Dean said his horse, Chad, was his buddy and the best horse in the world. Dalila liked to "bouncy" and wanted to eat the alfalfa with them. She also sampled the horses "cereal" and the cat food. You'd think I never fed her or something, but this girl will eat all day long.


They liked playing in the horse's arena. I bought them some new cute cowboy boots for $3.

We had such a good time I didn't want it to end, but Dean was getting homesick and missing his daddy. It was a nice vacation for me and we loved spending time with my mom and Steve.

2 comments:

Lianna said...

Very nice assortment of pics. You did a great job of capturing your visit and Dean & Dalila's expressions.

Allison said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm amazed that they were riding horses!